Acrylic laser cut fish are frozen in place in a bath of hardened epoxy resin. Layers of reflective mirror and glitter give this door a feeling of looking into Dr Suess’ McElligot’s Pool.
80 unique doors will be showcased on two gallery walls in the main public area of the Ronald McDonald House being built in the heart of downtown Chicago near Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital. The doors are meant to symbolize the philosophy that ” The doors of Ronald McDonald House are always open for you.” To learn more click on the following links:
- About this project: http://www.chrisduhartmaker.com/?p=880
- Wall gallery template: http://www.chrisduhartmaker.com/?p=894
- Slideshow of finished doors: http://www.chrisduhartmaker.com/ronald-mcdonald-house-doors-of-hope-gallery/
- Mirror acrylic, wood,glitter, clear resin
- Montana spray paint
- Metal tray formed and sealed to hold acrylic and resin